Thursday, May 10, 2007

sun? What's that?

Does anyone in Washington know about the sun? I mean we only see it sometimes in the summer. But wow it has actually been out almost all week. I don't want to jinks it, but I hope it stays out till next Monday.

I was just thinking [as in right now], we people in Washington hardly ever see the sun right? But we know that it is still there. I think that the same thing applies with Jesus the Sun. We have never seen him personally, so how do we know he is there? We really have no way of really knowing. I guess that is what makes our religion so great, is that we survive by faith. But there are times where I find myself thinking to myself "its okay if I sin this one time, I mean it's not like He's coming back anytime soon". Isn't He? We have no way of knowing. But here is the point, I have to constantly remind myself that I am living for a living God and at any moment He could be knocking at my door. At that point there will be no time to say " oh wait, I have to go and say I am sorry about something", it will be too late. We need to be ready at any given time for His coming. We need to be like the people in Jerusalem and throw our coats on the ground for His triumphant entry. We need to be ready.

In the same way, I hope that you are enjoying the sun and getting enough of it. And remember the next time it is in hiding, that it is just a symbol of Jesus' second coming and that we need to be ready for it because we know that the sun is going to always come out and shine and so will He.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice analogy.

Boonie said...

thanx... i hope that some of these things will help others. because i know that they help me.