Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We are the Body

Not a body or a somebody but "THE BODY". The body of Christ Jesus.

I find myself sinning and then I will find myself in the church body [as if nothing happened]. Yea Jesus took away our sins, but like James put it, can fresh water come out of a salt water spring? No, in the same way we should not be sinning and still associate ourselves as "the body". We need to firmly ground ourselves in the word and give Him our all.

I speak only from experience. I find myself readily sinning and giving into the lies of the devil and then I go to church. This should not be, we need to give ourselves to God all the time, not just when it is easiest for us. [I am not pointing any fingers (because if I were I would have four more fingers coming back at me), but I am saying that if it is true for one person than it will or is more than likely true for others as well].

God calls us to be Holy just as He is Holy. This is impossible for humans to accomplish. But the cool thing that I have been learning is that when God looks at us [speaking of Christians] He sees Jesus not our ugly sinful beings. Isn't that so cool!!!! Now if that is what the God all Mighty sees in us why are we sinning and letting the world have it's way with us? This is something that I would like to know, because I love Him with all of my heart and yet I still sin.

So the next time you decide to sin and rebel against the Lord of Hosts think about this: He sees Jesus, and it breaks His heart when He sees His children sinning in the body of Jesus.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"He sees Jesus not our ugly sinful beings."

Amen. That's so true and so cool!

Boonie said...

that is one of the coolest things to me as well.

Amanda said...

I CAN'T BELEVE THAT JESUS CAN EVEN WANT TO LOOK AT US WE ARE SOOO SINFUL AND SOOO SELFISH,WE ARE NOT EVEN A SPECK WERTHY OF HIS LOVE,BUT YET HE GIVES IT AND I AM SO GLAD AND GREATFUL FOR HIS LOVE AND HIS FORGIVNESS.